Metro Church is a Peanut and Pine Nut free campus.
Metro Church is a Peanut and Pine Nut Free Campus
One in thirteen children has a food allergy. And in about 25% of the reactions that occur at school, the student had not yet been diagnosed with a food allergy.
Due to the seriousness of food allergies, we desire to create a safe environment and increase protection for all of our children through making Metro Church a peanut and pine nut free campus.
Here’s how you can help:
1. Do not bring any food items that are a nut product into Metro facilities.
2. Do not bring any food items to Little Metro (or family) events where children can/could be exposed to food products that contain nuts of any kind.
3. Please “double check” to make sure all diaper bags, backpacks, and purses do not contain peanut or pine nut foods.
4. Please do not feed your child a peanut or pine nut food product on the way to church. These food oils can transfer from skin-to-skin and cause an allergic reaction to another child.
5. No “outside food” will be given to children during snack time at Little Metro. Any and all snacks, provided by Metro Church, are nut free.
Parents of Children with Food Allergies:
One of the best things Metro Church can do to serve your family is be aware of any food allergies your child has. We can inform Little Metro volunteers and make sure we have a proper understanding of what your child’s allergies are.